View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

First, WELCOME ! Canned food is always wonderful to give bc it is less processed food, in comparison to dry (kibble), which is as processed as you can get. So, canned dog food or "real, fresh, human food" is always superior and will give a nutritional boost - and added moisture as well. As far as high protein - personally, I'm a big fan of high protein, grain free; the only time high protein is a concern is if there is an underlying health issue like liver, kidney, pancreas - then you'd need a more custom diet.

The thing to consider with Innova vs. Innova EVO is that EVO, for whatever (dumb) reason, is one higher protein food that is ALSO higher in fat - and that is where I've heard, anecdotally, problems - like, some nausea or poo problems. I fully believe it's the higher fat - bc then they switch that same dog over to a different higher protein food, and they're fine. Many dogs do fine on the EVO, but if your dog has any issues - I just want you to know this so if you see a weird issue, you think of the *fat* perhaps before the protein.

Other good ones are Natures Variety Instinct, Orijen - are either of those available?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!