Thread: Back problems ?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
old409
Yorkie Talker

Default Back problems ?

My little guy, Auggie got very listless and was having some problems moving around starting Thursday. This morning(Friday) I took him to the vet and he told me Auggie had a slight fever of 101. He checked him over real good and took blood. He said it appeared Auggie may have hurt his back and that dogs like Yorkies can have some back problems and that sometimes back problems can cause a low grade fever.

He gave me Baytril for the infection/fever and Dermaxx for the back problem. I gave Auggie the pills and he pepped up a couple hours later but now he's back to being a little listless. I'm supposed to call tomorrow morning for the blood test results. I'm just wondering what to expect. We just lost our Westie a couple years ago to the bad dog food and I sure don't want to lose this little guy. I've only had him a couple months but we've really bonded. He will be 3 yrs. old this summer and that seems a little to young to be having back problems.

One thing I'm going to do is build a small set of steps so he can get off the bed witout jumping. I'm thinking that's how he hurt his back.
old409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!