View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #14
LoveMyJake
I love Jackson too!
Donating Member

We have a routine every night before bed. My boys like to snuggle with me, so I talk to them and massage them and get them nice and relaxed. They know the routine, so when I say "let's go to bed", they run straight to the bathroom. I warm some distilled water and use a warm baby wash cloth with a tiny bit of Buddy Wash to wash their faces. The distilled water is also good for cleaning the eye gunk, but if you give them distilled water to drink all the time, it eliminates a lot of that problem. I also wash and dry their paws. I use alcohol-free, fragrance free baby wipes on their butts and there privates. I have a baby wipe warmer....yeah ok, they are a wee bit spoiled.

Then, I use a Q-tip to apply Petzlife Oral Care Gel to their teeth, followed by PetzLife Oral Care Spray. This product is wonderful, and my vet always comments on how nice my boys' teeth are. I bought mine at a good price from AMD here at YT. She ships fast and has good sales. Next, they get brushed and Jackson gets PJs on....Jake won't wear them.

Of course, they didn't like the Petzlife at first, but they are used to it now and tolerate it and stay still for me. I also brush their teeth twice a week with a fingertip toothbrush and doggy toothpaste. They tolerate the fingertip toothbrush much better than a regular one.

Some think I go overboard, but I want my boys to be around for a long time, so it is worth the extra effort to keep them healthy, especially their teeth.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!