View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Yorkie Luv of 3
Ayla now makes it 4!!!
Donating Member

Smile

i'm so sorry your baby has Demodectic Mange,, we have one girl with it,, I've posted here many times about her treatment,, which sounds to be nothing like the treatments you are receiving,, I had Daisy skin tested,, it was Demodex,, she was given 2 oral medicines,, Clavamox (15 days) & Promectin (72 days) EVERYDAY,, this began in December 07,, and shes had NO reoccurences!,, was totally healed looking within 5 days,, amazingly better looking in 2 days! our vet told us they no longer feel they should dip,, dangerous to the dogs as well as humans,, but this new oral medication did the trick and i had her spayed almost immediately,, as each heat cycle makes break outs chances worse and more likely,, stressing on their system,, I've done lots of research on the subject and agree with the treatment she received,, it is however NOT inexpensive,, it DOES work! and now,, hopefully,, she'll not have another outbreak ever,, but there is no telling for sure,, she could,, and then would have to do the oral treatment again,, the only topical we used was Goodwinol ,, but only used it once,,
Best of luck to you!
Yorkie Luv of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!