Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 07:02 AM   #10
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
I agree as I have dealt with rescues like this. I found that dogs like this will retreat even more if other dogs push them out of the way.
Yup you are so right

Also, the 'new' addition could become very dominate over Timmy and cause great fear and distress. Poor Timmy spent 3 long years in very bad conditions. Unfortunately he isn't going to leave his shell over night, but I can promise you that with lots of love and the correct procedures of the delicate training he needs, he will slowly start to emerge.

But I do have to warn you that he is going to need lots of time to learn he can trust and love and not be afraid

BUT - The reward will be when YOU start to notice the slight changes, it WILL melt your heart

...I have a shy one too. Roxy and she is now 3.5 yrs old. I have invested a GREAT deal of Positive Effort into her Rehabilitation. I now know her inside and out and I am able to continue to HELP her learn and grow, but it has been a LONG HAUL, I won't lie to you, and we are STILL learning....

I bought a handful of books about this, I slowly introduced her to the 'outside world' and everyone and everything in it. I let her go at her own pace, I didn't force or rush her, which is very important.

But seeing her do things now, that are quite common for a 'normal yorkie' just brings such joy to me and my husband. We are so proud of our Roxy Girl
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!