View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
FunkyMunkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Crate Training Help!

Although Luna has more bladder control now, it's almost impossible to avoid accidents if we don't rountinely take her out.

Well, I just came back from the pet store and asked about training her to go potty on wee wee pads. They said to have her crated all day unless she is going to eat, play, or do her necessities. I really need help in this area because my father believes that crating the dog is evil, then I get from everyone else, that crating is the best option for potty training. He takes her out when I say not to and jsut right this second she had another accident because I was busy doing something around the house and was unaware that she was taken out of her crate.

I should mention though, that Luna is great about going potty outside every single time we take her out. The problem is that she equally goes inside as well, she doesn't grasp the idea that going potty outside is the only OK. I try rewarding her outside but she is so much more happier to be outside than to have some treats. So I'm just confused. I've been meaning to ask the trainer but there is just so much to learn in the class that I forget to ask.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If crate training is 100% ok, and dogs are safe in it please write some words of advice for my father who refuses to go the crate training way.

As always, Thank You All!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!