View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
conbotas
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

Ah, I'm so sorry you went through something like that. Did you ever verify with the vet they indeed died? First thing I thought was...maybe they found someone else who would pay more and they scammed innocent people like you...just a thought

Viruses don't quite attack one day and kill you the next without a warning. Not a parvo, not a distemper (never lost a puppy or adult to either). I've been through both, and there are definitely warning signs. I understand infections occur, but, there are preventive measures, especially if you are a breeder. For example, my vet does home visits and whenever she holds my dogs, she makes sure she changes and washes thoroughly prior to entering my home because she knows she can carry a bacteria or a virus with her from her office. I went through many vets before finding her and out of 9 I saw prior, she was the only one to do that. She has people from Phoenix and Tucson that come and see her (6 and 4 hours away) especially because she is so thorough.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I think I've totally changed the subject of this thread..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniesmom68 View Post
Congratulations on your new litter..I miss the joy of having pups around..There such a fun Breed..
I am sorry you had to see the horrible conditions of the puppy mill.
Its scary...There are a lot of sad stuff going on with the Yorkie Breed.
I moved here from Indiana and had a bad experience with a Breeder and stop looking for a pup for 2 years.
This lady lived in Webster Indiana. I spoke with her via e-mail on the Phone. Ask a lot of question. Drove 2 hours to see the pups and was in love with a little boy pup..I named him Payton. I put a deposit down on him (got receipt). The day before i pick him up she called me and said he was at the Vet,very sick.His two sisters passed.
The following day she called me and said he had also passed..I was soo upset.
I spoke with her on the phone and she also sounded pretty upset..She told me she would send my deposit back or let me get a pic of another litter. which wasnt gonna be till months later and there was no guarantee there would be a Male. So, i called her and said i would just take back the deposit back..Weeks went by and no check..I started e-mailing her. I finally got a response. She told me with all the Vet Bills her and husband dont think they owe me my deposit. I was shocked..Of course i responded with " How was this my fault" She claimed he died from a Virus and it could of been me who brought into there home.
I have a female Yorkie at home and she is fine..So, i took her to court and she never showed..I won...but never got my money. The courts said they cant make her pay..
I really trusted this lady..I spoke with her several times, ask a lot questions before purchasing a pup from her..Nice ,environment parents were healthy..
I just dont know how these people could live with themselves..
Seeing what you seen at the Puppy Mill i am sure affected you for days..i dont get how someone could do that to a animal.
I am just gonna keep educating myself with the Yorkie Breed..and wait for the right one..
If i run into a Reputable Breeder i will let you know..
I lived here for 14 years and recently moved back..I bought Annies mom years ago from a Breeder that i became friends with..We lost touch over the years..I am trying to find if she is still in the area..Annies mom is a great dog..
Good Luck
Gina
conbotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!