Thread: :( Frustration
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I think the class size is already pretty small... they are seperated during socialization and play time because the place is pretty huge. There's a large gate that seperates the big-breed puppies from the small puppies, and in the small side there are only 4 other dogs. They were all having a great time together except Layla. I find the same thing happens when we have a doggy day at work... there could be just one other dog here, half the size of Layla, and she cowers from it.
Is the only way to fix this to keep putting her in these situations? I feel like I should take her out more and not baby her when there are other dogs around. At the dog park, if another dog comes towards her she'll jump at me to be picked up. I guess that probably doesn't help.
I feel that she'd be more well-rounded and happy if she knew how to play with other dogs.
I will talk to the trainer about it next week. She told me it would be really good for her to be around all these other puppies who are more social, and maybe she'll come out of her shell.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!