View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
Mom2BabyNatalie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

After further research into California Wild's Kennels and it's owner Javier - in Argentina... I have to recant my previous opinions...

It would seem that the "Champion" - CH California Wild's Lion D'or - that I had gone under contract to purchase, (7000.00) has produced at LEAST one pup that I am aware of, who is now here in the US - (Belle Plaine Iowa ) - with #2 stage LP (diagnosed by two unrelated veterinarians) and some dental problems as well, leaving him to need to have 15 retained baby teeth removed at 9 months old.

I realize that Yorkies have medical issues, and the retained baby teeth is not so much of a concern to me... but the LP is something I simply cannot risk reproducing.

I have not "dug" further into Lion's other offspring for more information since my interest in him was stifled the moment I received news of the above.

I of course, can't know if the LP comes from the stud I was purchasing or perhaps the mother... but the California Wild bloodlines are of both line and inbreeding... so regardless, the genetics are there.

I am a little concerned as well, that Javier did not share this information with me (of course, I suppose I wouldn't expect him to) - but I do know that he was well aware of the situation with Lion's pup as he has only been in the US a week or so..... and I understand that the new owner has engaged in close contact with Javier since the purchase.

Anyway.... I cannot comment one way or the other on anyone else's experience with California Wild's Kennels or with Javier - - nor will I "bash" the man or his animals... but facts are facts.... and I felt the need to share them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!