View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Civil engineering... southern states?

Hey everyone! Well, a little while ago I posted a thread about possibly moving to Australia. After finding out what I'd have to put Layla through, I've decided I'll keep the Australia idea for a holiday, but now I've been thinking about moving to the southern states. I've looked up information about moving there from Canada and it would be easy to move and take my dog with me, but I need a solid job offer. I know the American economy is not at it's greatest right now, and I'm sure it would be pretty tough for me to get employment, when the employer needs to prove that I would not be taking a job from an American
I've been looking at visas but I really don't have much help in this area at all. I don't have a degree, but I have a diploma in civil engineering technology from an accredited college. I could get my degree in 2 years if I wanted to. Right now I'm a drafter with a geotechnical engineering company and I really love it, so I would really like to continue doing this!
Does anyone else here work in the field of civil engineering, or know of any good companies I should try sending resumes to?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!