View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
nikkinack
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFurbabies View Post
So I'm going on vacation this weekend for about 7 days, and can't take Peeka. I live with someone and he's attached to both of us, but he's attached a bit more to me. He's going to be left with his other 'parent' though. Do you think he'll be ok? I've never left him for more than 12 hours, but I know he won't get used to it unless I start somewhere. He doesn't whine or anything when I leave the house, he just is insanely happy when I get back lol. I think I'm overreacting but I keep thinking the worst like he's going to think I abandoned him and like die of sadness, or he's going to have some kind of heart attack when he sees me when I come back. Honestly its the other parent making me feel guilty and making me think crazy things. I feel like he'll be ok. Who here has been away from them for a while?

Oh fyi, that's not a current photo, he'll be 2 in October.
I know how you feel, I had to leave Lily when she was 5 months old for 8 day. I had to go to TX for my sisters wedding, I left Lily with my in laws. They said the first night she paced and wined but after that she settled in. I called them 4x a day to see how she was. They thought I was insane, I hate leaving her but sometimes you cant avoid it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!