View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #10
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Meeko had 4 declaws when I got him. I only had his back 2 removed because they weren't attached by bones and were very flimsy! I was scared they'd get caught on carpet or something, so I got them removed. He did fine tho. He also had some teeth removed. This was about 3 weeks ago and he's all healed now. If her nail if growing in funny and you think it might be a problem later on, then I'd get it removed. I was really nervous too but, thought if I didn't and it did get caught on something later on, then it'd be an even bigger surgery. They sent us home with pain medicine and he didn't seem to be in pain at all. He was his normal, hyper self by the end of the night.

It'll be a little harder with the onsie tho. The first 2 days he had bandages over the stitches, so I put a onsie on. But on the third day, they removed the bandages so they could dry out and heal faster. So, it was back to the e-collar. It was rough for the rest of the week but, I really think it was worth it.

It is a little weird that you got the blood work done without the surgery. Our vet did the blood work the morning of the surgery to make sure everything was fine. Good luck with whatever you decide tho! I know it's hard not to worry but, she'll be fine!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!