View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #12
LuvMyPrinceKobi
& Reicher Baby, too!
Donating Member

Thumbs up

I just wanted to post this in case anyone's ever looking for a great restaurant (or 20 ) in Charleston. I sent this in a PM to Ronda, but thought I would post it here for other too...

As always, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, these are my reviews:

First I'll start off with my anti-review...DO NOT GO TO HYMAN'S RESTAURANT! It is a total tourist trap, and you'll wait for two hours for mediocre food. They say "it's where the locals go"...THEY'RE LYING! It sucks! lol

If you like steak and want to visit the most expensive restaurant in Charleston, my boyfriend recommends Oak Steakhouse (I've never been but he RANTS & RAVES about it all the time...why we haven't been yet, I don't know! lol)

A couple other fine dining type places are Carolinas and Magnolia's. I've been to both and had fantastic food, but it is a little spendy.

Something for fun and an outdoorsy-seafood-type restaurant, I would recommend something like Gilligan's or one of the restaurants on Shem Creek (Shem Creek Bar & Grille, Vickery's, Red's Icehouse, etc that's just to name a few of them on Shem Creek in Mount Pleasant.

For SOUTHERN-style home cooking, I recommend Jestine's kitchen (can be QUITE busy for lunch).

If you want something more typical (not ALL seafood like most places), like a nice Applebee's, I recommend California Dreaming (beautiful views too!)

If you feel like Italian (definitely NOT Charleston's specialty), there is one great place to go, The Red Pepper.

And lastly, for a GREAT breakfast or lunch downtown, Joseph's is one of my favorites! Everything is so fresh and reasonably priced, and I've been there a few times and always had phenomenal food!

One more thing---Mustard Seed in Mount Pleasant. It is again reasonably priced and quite similar to Joseph's in my opinion---great lunch!

So I hope that gave you a bunch of great ideas for food There are wayyyyyyy too many places to eat here...seriously!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!