View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Hokule'a
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby2473 View Post
We have a 10 month old female (Willow) who is pee pad trained. We recently got a male (Jake) now 3 months old who just doesn't seem to get it. We've tried putting extra pee pads around but then Willow thinks she has to leave her mark on all of them. Jake doesn't seem to want to go where she has, instead he is going all over the place. We cleaned the carpets a few days ago hoping that would help but he's still doing it. He seems to know that it is wrong-we see it, say "Uh Oh" and he then hides. We get him, show him the spot, say "no" then put him on the pad and he then either sits or lays on the pad thinking it is his "time out" place or something. My husband thinks we should try training him outside, but there are coyotes in our neighborhood and Willow does so well that we are able to leave her without worrying. My husband also says that I forget how long it took Willow to train. Please help!!!!
I agree with your hubbie - I think at 3 months it's really hit & miss and that they don't quite get the connection. With my last baby I watched him like a hawk - I took him to the pad periodically and if he used it I made a huge deal of praising him and sometimes even gave him a treat. After a couple weeks I was about to give up and put belly bands on him but all of a sudden it clicked and he hasn't had an accident since
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!