Thread: Chicken
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #8
Travelvixen
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni
Isn't to much protein bad tho? How much is to much?
The package of the dehydrated chicken breast filets says 70% protein.
That seems high.
But then if I am giving her a piece say one inch square cut in tiny pieces I guess its not much.
I wonder tho how much the baked chicken is
One inch square? Is that for a snack or a meal? How many grams is it? I don't like to be the dissenting voice here, but if you are feeding her just chicken as a meal, then= YES I think that is far too much protein. Yorkies do not do well on a high protein diet like other animals. In fact that much protein can end up causing future problems...kidney stones, teeth problems, and more. Chicken or turkey is great (especially organic to avoid all those hormones that are pumped into them and there are a lot) but please, oh please, mix some vegies in with the food. I put between 33- 50% greens with his food. Try broccoli, spinach, green beans, even asparagus. Corky loves it all. Corky used to have horrible problems with constipation and diarhea, he hasn't had either since we got him from his old mother and changed his diet!

Also it is not a bad idea to get your baby used to mixing in some dry dog food in...talk to your vet for the best...cause the good ones have all kinds of vitamins and minerals that your yorky does need in his diet.

Having said all that, the odd chicken breast snack is no problem
Travelvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!