View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #6
Harbinger
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I work full time and my puppy goes to doggie day care. We walk 40 minutes to and from the daycare and my work is less than a 5 minute walk from it so I visit on lunch . I got Sheila at 8 weeks and could only take a week off to be with her. The very young puppies are kept in ex pens (seperated based on what shots they have) and Sheila gets her own because shes so small at 1.9 pounds at 12 weeks. The puppies are kept right in the store and get lots of socialization with people and see all sorts of things. Half the time i walk in though she's in one of their arms because she's so cute . The store is a pet supply/day care and the owners and employees are very loving and very anti puppy mill and pet stores! They see so many dogs people have gotten from pet stores and so often there are health problems . The main daycare is anywhere from 10-20 + dogs that play supervised at all times in a huge play area with lots of cubby holes they can go nap or relax in if they want and they get walked 3 times a day max 2 dogs at a time.

I'm not sure how common doggie day cares are. Maybe I'm just lucky to live in a large city that is very dog friendly. I wanted my yorkie socialized at a young age and am glad to have the opportunity and such nice people to take care of her when daddy has to work.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!