View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Deenie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Lesson learned the hard way

We put locks on our cabinets way before we had kids. Our cat, Nub, can open them and I wanted to keep him out of the dishes and Tupperware. He still will go and open/close them but he can't get in them.

Well, I put Guinness in the kitchen with a baby gate and we had an outing at my son's school. When I got home I found something shredded, when I looked closer I noticed it was raisin boxes! I was SO freaked out, I called the vet immediately. He told me that the amount to worry about is more than 1oz per 2lbs of dog. I really think he got two of those 1oz boxes but to be safe I gave him some Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting. I felt SOOOO bad but he did get out what he'd eaten and since then he's been fine.

I contemplated on whether or not I'd post it because there's very passionate people here who may scold me about where I put my stuff. But I thought maybe there's someone else who uses these cabinet locks and think they are being good about it but it can still happen. And in an emergency type situation, you can use the Hydrogen Peroxide. I read the label because I'd never heard of doing this before and it was listed as one of the top uses.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!