Thread: New to yorkies
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:45 AM   #18
cesar49
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Animal Smiley 049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisteretc View Post
Hi again, I have been watching how Alastor eats... and he barely does! I have now tried to get him to eat more often but he seems to have NO interest in food, other than last night he wanted my pizza. I am feeding him authority which is what his breeder said is the only think I should feed him, but I don't really know why she has that oppinion. I feed him a bit of wet mixed with dry. Do you think he has so little energy because he doesn't eat enough? I have taken to hand feeding him, even though I know that could cause a very bad habit, and he tries to eat a bit more that way but really doesn't seem to care if he eats or not. I also think he is rather thin, but haven't had a yorkie before. I can feel his ribs and hip bones but do think there is a very thin layer of fat on his brisket. I did just have him at the vet on friday and he said Alastor is healthy. Am I just being paranoid?
try some cottage cheese.. or eggs.. i use royal canin puppy food.. just get it a little wet... leave it out for him.. supplement his dry food with a special meal once or twice daily to fatten him up.. read the past posts on feeding. lots of good info on yt if you use the search option.. what mixes are you getting?
cesar49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!