View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
Matthias
Currently Suspended!

Question Yorkies Get Hairballs?: Hair In Poop: Other Quest. Too

Do Yorkies develop hairballs? If so is or can it be serious? Baby girl grooms herself and I'm thinking with all that long hair around her jaw and on her body, much of that hair must enter her mouth and eventually finds it's way in her stomach.

When I'm in the wild, I see where fox, coyote and wolves have defecated. I also see much hair in the droppings. This hair is from mice, rabbits, deer, etc. I say this because if these canines are digesting hair, I'm thinking yorkies don't either.

I ask this because baby girl pooped while on our walk and notice it was just hanging out like it was on a thread. I got two sticks and helped her rid the poop and actually pulled a little more out. She was having problems depositing it to the ground, so I helped. The poop was attached together by long hair. I'm assuming it was her own.(by the way, I just cut her hair short just today) Hair was being defecated as well.

So, is hair that is eaten to be something to be concerned with? Are hairballs if they develop in yorkies something to be dealt with or do this eventually work out themselves?

By hairballs I'm talking internal... not a physical "ball of hair" being defecated.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthias
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!