View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Maxi
My Little Man!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
Both Emma and Milli have been sneezing, reverse sneezing, snorting and sniffling yesterday and today. I gave them Benadryl last night and this morning-but I don't like using that because it completely knocks them both out .

I went out and got some Claritin today, and gave each of them half a Claritin around dinner time-my vet told me to do this last year with Milli-and it seemed to help for a bit. But...they are still sniffling. The Benadryl seems to work better, but they hate taking the liquid-I don't like forcing them to take it, and they know when I try and hide it in their food because it tastes funny. I think they'd do better with pills I could wrap in some cheese or a marshmallow or something.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's allergies-which I'm assuming it IS, because everything is blooming here right now, and the other day I came out of my office and my car was covered with yellow powdery pollen . It doesn't help that everyone mowed their lawn this weekend, and all that's in the air too.

I'm wondering-can they get colds? Or could this just be allergies? I'm not sure how long to let it ride before I need to take them to the vet? Any advice?

Thanks!
Oh poor babies! Its probably allergies. I would contact the vet just in case. Get well soon!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!