View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #19
Jenncarr79
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
organic canned pumpkin at whole foods is good for the diarhea and pedialyte to help with dehydration. I freeze the rest as only good for 3 days for any episodes of diarhea -- just put one tsp in ice cube tray freeze and pop out and keep in a baggie in a fridge.

Check into canidae as i have read quite a bit that it can cause diarhea in some dogs.

if they do blood work then have them add the cpli and tli to check out pancreas as vomitting and diarhea can be signs of pancreatitis -- not sure about cat food but if high in fat that could be a bad thing for yorkies as they are prone to pancreatitis.

hopefully doing all better in am
Thank you!! I will go and get some canned pumpkin and store it like you said. Good advice and something easy I can do. I've switched his poor food so much since I've gotten him and I just want to feed him something good. So that's why I got Canidae. I've also tried Wellness and he didn't like that either. I don't know what else to try that is good for him. What do you feed your Yorkie?? Anyways I'm not worried about the cat food any more b/c he can't get to it. He is MUCH better now though. His poop is a lot firmer and he hasn't thrown up since that day. Thank goodness. He just gave me a scare that's for sure.

Thanks again for all the advice and concern. Maverick is doing great. Hopefully that doesn't happen again or at least not for a long time.
Jenncarr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!