View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 06:22 AM   #9
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl
While stress can cause hair loss, it is a major symptom of thyroid disease. You don't say whether yours is hypo or hyper, but your medication may not be the right dosage. My husband is on synthroid and has had his dosage increased several different times. His is hypo (slow). Stress can also bring on hyperthyroidism. I cannot stress the importance of properly treating a hyperthyroid condition. I don't mean to scare you here, but my mother passed away from hyperthyroidism. It is easily treated but left alone can have the worse possible consequences. Go to the emergency room if necessary, in order to avoid doctor visit fees.
OMG I'm so sorry !! I just answered your pm but hadn't seen this post ! I'm really sorry and in this day how could that happen to your mom ? I didn't know it could be fatal....did she have a bad doctor? I would think no one should be that bad to lose their life over a treatable disease !! I'm very very sorry to hear that about your mom - it must have been terrible for you ...

I think I need to get on the net and really do more reading on the subject but you guys have given me some great information - I had no idea this could be serious - I know it's drastic and I feel terrible lately - but maybe I DO need to go see a doctor - I just put off that because my husband needs to go far worse than I do -

Your replys here are really helping because I DO need to get to the bottom of this - all I've been doing is whining over my hair - and just thought it was something that happened in your 40's....I don't think it's so normal now.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!