View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
LuvmyYorkies2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Strange behavior from my nonpg girl

Diva is acting strange...she has taken 1 of the squeaky toys (a little purple bear) and thinks it is a live puppy!!! Don't really know how or why this started. This is 1 of hundreds of squeaky animal toys the girls have..this particular one was lost for a few days and I found it a few days ago. About 3 days ago, I noticed Diva going under my bed and scratching..I thought she just decided she wanted to sleep under there...then she started keeping this toy with her...sleeping on it, resting her head on it(using it as a pillow). I still thought nothing of it. Then yesterday, we were going for our morning walk and as soon as we got to the corner, Diva turned around and headed back for home...no interest in walking(as when she did when she had Duchess). Okay, I'm starting to get a little curious now. Later yesterday afternoon, I don't know what happened but her & Foxxy were in a fight..more serious than usual(now I'm assuming Foxxy went after the toy as they usually play tug of war with all the toys together and share with no problem). The rest of yesterday, she continued to carry the toy with her everywhere...sleeping with it, not letting it out of her sight.if she comes downstairs for something(food/water), she flies back upstairs to be with it immediately after..Then last night, I noticed her nipples were engorged and when I gently squeezed 1, there was milk coming out.

I just took secretly took the toy away and put it up while she wasn't looking and now she is going crazy looking for it and crying.

What should I do??? Should I give it back to her and hope this subsides and this goes away or do I get rid of it??

She had a heat in Feb and is not due for another until late July sometime. She is not in heat and her vulva is not swollen.

What is this? She's obviously psyched her brain into thinking she has a baby and therefore her body is reacting to it but what do I do from here?

Thanks There's always something new to learn!

Last edited by LuvmyYorkies2; 05-17-2008 at 08:58 PM.
LuvmyYorkies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!