View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
sheilajom
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladesMommy View Post
I'm interested in everyones opinion that is either in the military or has an immediate family member in the military.

I ask about the AF awhile back, but I'm interested in all branches of the military this time.

I have a college degree - Bachelor of Business admin.

Which branch would be the best to join?
What are the pros/cons of each branch?
I"m slightly overweight, will this matter?
How long after signing up does a person usually go to training?
Do you get paid for your time while at Basic?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later on. I"m going to talk to a recruiter on Monday. I've not had any luck getting jobs around here and w/ the military (at AF), I would start as an officer b/c of my degree and make at least $2,500 a month plus living and food allowances and benefits.

As for the dogs (cause I'm sure someone will ask), mom will keep Laney while I"m at basic or deployed and I'm HOPING I would be able to find someone to keep Slade.

Which branch would be the best to join? If you don't like to run and excersize, I'd recommend the Air Force
What are the pros/cons of each branch? They all have different requirements, since you have a degree you'd be an officer and go to Officer Training so you'd have a different basic than general people
I"m slightly overweight, will this matter? Yes, you have to conform to their weight guidelines and you'd most likely not make it thru basic if you are not in good shape and you better like to run cause you will do a lot of it as well as situps and other excersizes
How long after signing up does a person usually go to training? almost immediately, also they wont' tell you this, but no matter how long you sign up and when you get out, you owe them 7 years min regardless of how long you sign your contract for. Meaning.....if you get out after 3 years during the next 4 they can call you back if they need and or want you and you have to go no matter what!
Do you get paid for your time while at Basic? Yes, but it's not much, however you won't be able to leave so you don't have any way to spend the money and no you can't take your dogs with you

There is also an age limit to joining, I don't know how old you are.
sheilajom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!