Thread: New to yorkies
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Alisteretc
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New to yorkies

Hi, we just got our first yorkie ever 4 days ago. He is a beautiful sweet guy named, Alastor. We will be getting two mixes in a few weeks as well. My 1st question is if most yorkie puppies sleep most of the time or if i should be worried. He was born Jan 10, so is about 4 3/4 months old. I know younger pups sleep most of the time but thought pups his age are usually really curious. I though at first that it was just that he was getting used to us, but it hasn't changed at all since day one. He isn't scared at all but seems to not care if people are around or not, he just sleeps on the couch no matter what is going on. When I hold him he sleeps, in the car he sleeps, we took him to a fest in a nearby town and he slept in my son's stroller. He has been home with us since we got him and took him out for the 1st time this afternoon. He did get a clean bill of health from the vet and everything is coming out normal, if you know what I mean. If thats his personality thats just fine, I just found it odd.

2nd question, how do I tell if his coat will be wooly or silky and what should I watch out for with a pup his age as far as health and grooming?

Thanks a ton, Alastor's mom
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!