View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
MinMuf1
Peanut Gallery Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladesMommy View Post
I'm interested in everyones opinion that is either in the military or has an immediate family member in the military.

I ask about the AF awhile back, but I'm interested in all branches of the military this time.

I have a college degree - Bachelor of Business admin.

Which branch would be the best to join? USMC, IMO as I am a former Jar Head - So, I'm a little partial!
What are the pros/cons of each branch? USMC not very family orientated when compared to other Branches of the Armed Forces - Or, at least while I was active duty some dozen or so years ago.
I"m slightly overweight, will this matter? Yes, it does. But, don't sweat it. Basic training will slim you down for SURE!
How long after signing up does a person usually go to training? Depends on the Branch of service you choose to join. Women Marines have to wait until a full platoon is formed before they are sent off to Basic.
Do you get paid for your time while at Basic? Yes, you are paid for your time during Basic. However, you will not get the funds due you, less any deductions such as uniforms, etc until after you have completed Basic - At least that is how it works for USMC.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later on. I"m going to talk to a recruiter on Monday. I've not had any luck getting jobs around here and w/ the military (at AF), I would start as an officer b/c of my degree and make at least $2,500 a month plus living and food allowances and benefits.

As for the dogs (cause I'm sure someone will ask), mom will keep Laney while I"m at basic or deployed and I'm HOPING I would be able to find someone to keep Slade.
Good luck on Monday and your life changing decision!
MinMuf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!