View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
peanut
Dogs Rule Cats Drool!
Donating Member

Love Please Pray For Little Magnolia

Wednesday Maggie crashed and crashed hard, I noticed Monday she had stuff in her eye and when she woke up she couldn't open her eye, so I cleaned and put saline solution in it and by the next day it was normal, I noticed on Tuesday she has lost a few ounces, but thought it might be from her being sick with her eye, and she is cutting teeth, Wednesday when I got home at 1 she was fine but I weighed her and she had drop weight, so I took her in the kitchen and started giving her milk, she was fine on the floor playing around with the others, but I called the vet to take her in. I had her there by 2:30 , but he said she was dehydrated, so he gave her the lactated ringers under the skin and within 30 she was stiff and couldn't stand, I thought she was died a few times, I rushed her back to the vet and she had gone into Hypoglycemia shock, but the fluids must have brought her sugar level down fast...
The only reason I am telling everyone is that when you think that your baby is low sugar, get help fast. Granted Maggie's was a combination of things that made her crash, but I never thought in a million years it could happen that fast, and its taking forever for her to get back to normal, she can finally stand up and take a few steps without falling.
I have learned to give shots,(lactated ringers w/Debs pushing) which I hate, and I am feeding her every 2 to 3 hours, and pouring the kyro down her, I have the nutra cal and drops, but the kryo is easier on her stomach.
I want to thank some people and they know who they are (Chat) for calling and praying for Maggie and me, and the 2 special people that were on the phone with me telling me what to do and keeping me calm and I know the rest of you would have if I had asked, but I honestly thought I would lose her, and it was to hard to talk about.
She is going to make it, I just know it, its going to be slow process, but I am asking now for prayers. This sweet baby girl needs them from her YT family, I believe in the YT prayers. Thanks in advance for your prayers

Last edited by peanut; 05-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!