View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
yorkie mom-3
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019

It's wonderful that you have decided to adopt. As a Mom of an ex-mill dog you didn't say if your application was to a shelter or a rescue. After submitting your app. I really can't tell you just how long it will take to get a response. My experience was a phone call and also references which included my vets. We were accepted and drove a state and a half to pick him up. And also when we met face to face we could have been turned down too. For me personally it has been so rewarding to take our little guy and teach and show him how life should have been for him. You need to remember that these dogs have lived a horrid life. That being said it is not like bringing home a puppy. Their older dogs and surviving like they have had to do creates their personality. Our little man was so indifferent about everything, but he's been a member of the family now for almost three years. I never thought I'd get kisses or loves from him but we do. It requires patience, love and time but it is so worth it. Please keep us posted. Good Luck!
yorkie mom-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!