View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
sheilajom
YT Addict

Default What to feed the puppy.....

I want to feed my puppy dry food (I think you guys call it kibble). I am not interested in raw, homecooking or canned. He goes to puppy daycare at his vet and they feed him Science Diet Puppy, so that is what I have been feeding him because they gave me a puppy kit when I got his first shots and it had a free bag in it. He eats it and seems to be fine. I however want to switch him to something better for him when this bag is done. I've heard a lot of things about Science Diet not being a good brand even though I've always been recommended it by the vet. I need something that I can buy at a pet store so I can just go pick it up when needed. I also don't want anything that would cause him to gain a ton of weight (he likes to eat!). I currently feed him twice a day at home and the vet feeds him once at daycare. Is that the correct amount or should I change that? I just give him a small hand full of a portion. He is sneezing some, but I don't know if that's normal for a yorkie or not. I read changing food could help with this. Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome. Also, how do I go about changing the food if I need to?
sheilajom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!