View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #14
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

I'll jump on the macwagon. That's all I've ever owned, also, so my comparative opinion is worthless.

I will say this: I had an ibook and loved it. But we spilled something on the keyboard and fried it. Oh, I replaced the keyboard against the advice of the techs and got it up and running, but it was never the same. For that reason alone, I got an iMac desktop the next time. Love it. And I can spill away on the keyboard and just replace the keyboard.

The iMac comes in a 20- and 24-inch screen, which is huge, but the hard drive is built in the monitor. I have mine set up on the kitchen table. It's a little bulky when company comes over (rarely), but it's convenient as heck. With a wireless iPort, your printer can be in another room.

I got the 20" with the extra memory for $1,499, but the basic model is $1,199. I love the extra memory for video editing.

Here's the stats on the version I got:
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
320GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
Ships: Within 24 hours
Free Shipping
$1,499.00

And if all that hasn't sold you, check out the picture. Photo Booth is the coolest software ever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imac.jpg (34.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg product-20in.jpg (17.2 KB, 5 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!