View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
melanie daley
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkrhb View Post
In a couple weeks Carter is going to be completely freaked out...

Not only am I *moving* to a new apartment, but I'm also starting a new job where I'll be working four 10-hour days a week. I'm so nervous about this. Since I got him I've been in school, and my schedule varied day to day, but I was only ever gone a few hours at a time.

I don't know what to do... I finally got him an x-pen, and I'm thinking of leaving a potty pad and food/water and a toy or two and a bed in with him. But 10 hours?! I feel so bad. There's no way I can leave to play with him at all during my shifts, and I can't afford a pet sitter, and pretty much everyone I know has left the town for the summer. Is he going to hate me?!

Right now I'm potty training him on pads but he keeps ripping them up. I'm going to try washable ones, but he's being crate-trained right now, and I just can't leave him in the crate that long while I'm out it's so cruel. Need some advice! I want to be as consistent as I can because right now the potty training is sort of on hold until we get set up in our new apartment and I can start fresh.... = I feel like a horrible puppy owner...
I TOTALLY know how you feel!! I'm in the entertainment industry and my hours are anywhere from 10hrs. minimum to 16 on any given day, I never know how long I will be at work!!
I know you mentioned this, but I hired a puppy sitter, that comes in everyday that I'm at work and takes her out, and hangs out with her for a few hours to help out. She is licensed & bonded and only charges me $20 a day!! I find this to be a VERY inexpensive!! I'm sure if you looked around, you could find someone who could do it within your budget... Our girl Natalia loves Roxi so much I practically have to force her to take the money!! It's crazy!!!!
When she is at home alone, I give her the living room and kitchen, she has all her stuff, food, water, toys ect. and I leave animal planet on... I know she's little & cute, but at the end of the day she is still a dog and does just fine... Your baby will adjust, may be a little tough at first, but he will get used to it... Roxi just chills & eats and plays around... I also have a couple cameras in my place so I can watch her!!!
Good luck, you will both be just fine!!!

Last edited by melanie daley; 05-14-2008 at 07:57 PM.
melanie daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!