View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'm not an objective person to answer because I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my Macs. I have both a laptop and desktop.

I must tell you though, that I have only used Macs since I started using computers in 1988. I did have a PC for 2 years during that period and I hated it with a passion. So again, I am very biased toward Macs

I think they are so easy to use - I do know that those used to PCs, sometimes have trouble adjusting to the Mac - but others say the transition is a breeze. I can tell you one thing though, it is much easier to go from PC to Mac than from Mac to PC (at least for me).

Regarding your Microsoft Works documents, I'll have to let someone else answer that. I do know that you can go back and forth between Mac and PC with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with no problems at all. I do it all the time with people at work and around the country (sending documents through email) Most of the people I work with around the country use PCs, I'm the rare Mac person and I never have any trouble with their documents.

One fantastic thing about Macs is no more viruses! To me, that's more than worth it!

I will also tell you that I've had 4 Macs since 1988 and never had any problems whatsoever with any of them. I've only used Macs at work and also never had any problems with them in the last 15 years.

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited by RowdysMom; 05-14-2008 at 05:58 PM.
RowdysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!