View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
kmkrhb
Yorkie Yakker

Default New work schedule worries...

In a couple weeks Carter is going to be completely freaked out...

Not only am I *moving* to a new apartment, but I'm also starting a new job where I'll be working four 10-hour days a week. I'm so nervous about this. Since I got him I've been in school, and my schedule varied day to day, but I was only ever gone a few hours at a time.

I don't know what to do... I finally got him an x-pen, and I'm thinking of leaving a potty pad and food/water and a toy or two and a bed in with him. But 10 hours?! I feel so bad. There's no way I can leave to play with him at all during my shifts, and I can't afford a pet sitter, and pretty much everyone I know has left the town for the summer. Is he going to hate me?!

Right now I'm potty training him on pads but he keeps ripping them up. I'm going to try washable ones, but he's being crate-trained right now, and I just can't leave him in the crate that long while I'm out it's so cruel. Need some advice! I want to be as consistent as I can because right now the potty training is sort of on hold until we get set up in our new apartment and I can start fresh.... =\ I feel like a horrible puppy owner...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!