View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
TobysOwner
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I did it! I know I made the right decision!

I just called and set up Morgan's spay surgery! I have put it off for two reasons. One, my last yorkie had to have surgery at the age of 9 and he never made it home from the surgery. I bawled like a baby! It was very unexpected. Two, she is so much smaller than Toby was. He was about 11 or 12 pounds and she is maybe 5. She is over 14 months old. I know it is well past time to have it done. Better late then never right?

I talked to the vet we always use and their fee was $110 plus extra for pain meds. She needs to have a hernia fixed at the same time and that is another $80. All that was fine then I asked how long she would be there. She said overnight. I said is there someone there with her and she said no. I asked is there anyway that I can get her that evening instead and she said no. I hung up and started calling other vets! Don't be telling me that I can't have my own baby! Please!!

I got ahold of another vet that we have used in the past for emergencies (closer to our home). They charge $100 to spay her, $30 for pain meds, $80 to fix the hernia AND if I get a coupon from our local Humane Society they will take $50 off the price. She comes home that evening. (I said THANK YOU VERY MUCH!). She said they recover better in their own environment. They are doing it next Thursday and I have Friday's off so I thought that would work out wonderfully.

I know I've made the right decision in FINALLY getting this set up. I just hope she doesn't go into heat before then. She hasn't had one yet.

I need to post some pics of her. I haven't had any on here since she was a puppy.

Sorry so long. I love this site!!
TobysOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!