View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

awww i know this must be hard. But it is only day 2 right? i think it will take a few weeks for everyone to settle in. I think what you did the other night (putting Franklin upstairs with your boyfriend) is exactly what you should be doing. Having one-on-one time with each of them. Maybe tonight Maggie can go upstairs for one-on-one time and you and Franklin can go for a walk or soemthing. I heard that the best way to get dogs to bond and respect eachother is to take them for a walk together. It gets them out of the house (where dominice issues occur as you know ) and gets them doing something they both like, together. Also I know at our sitter's house, she helps control the pecking order by always making sure her dominant (Oaklee) is fed first, and then she moves down the line and since Layla is a visitor in their house she eats last. Make sure you feeed Franklin first, even if it is in another room, make sure Maggie can see that. While it is up to them to figure things out, you need to help. Also, i have no idea what i'm talking about i only have one but we have dealt with issues when it comes Layla's sitters house so hopefully this helps a bit. give it time.. they will adjust... Franklin is excited because she is new and poor Maggie must be very stressed out. Keep us updated!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!