Thread: Teacup
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #60
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by california doll View Post
im sorry, but you saying that you cringe when you hear that people want a dog to fit in their purse is a bit hypocritical, because from the icon you have as your default, your dogs are wearing clothes.

I cringe because I think they are going for some "look" that's fashionable today without taking the needs of the dog into account. There's nothing wrong with using a carrier for your pet, but a yorkie shouldn't be an accessory. Many of these same people give their dogs away after a few months when it's too big for the purse or too much hassle. I've read threads where people didn't want the yorkie anymore because he reached 7 pounds. Dressing my dog has nothing to do with me making a fashion statement; he's making the fashion statement.

From the other thread you posted today, it doesn't sound like you've had a yorkie before and one thing different about this breed is that they don't have an undercoat like most dogs. Joey literally starts shaking when he gets cold, even in Arizona, clothes come in handy in the winter, and in the summer with air conditioning he often need a shirt. The last few months he's been neked except for his Red Wings jersey during the play offs.

Join today and remove this ad!