View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Anglkiss8
Yorkie Talker

well mine is just a little over five months old and i completely understand what your going through. It is super rough the first month with potty training and you just have to know it gets better! you just need patience really because these dogs will get the hang of it eventually. when i first got mine i bought wee wee pads because i live in an apartment and there is no way i would have time to bring him outside when i catch him so its easier to have something for them inside that they can go on. I first started with the wee wee pads because it was too cold out for me to train outside and then he started tearing them up so we switched to outside. When you say your trying to keep an eye on yours then you are probably doing other things at the same time and my advice is to find a place where your pup has room to roam while your doing your things because if you cant watch them 100% then they will pee on the carpet. tons of treats and praise when you take your pup outside and constantly do this every time for at least a month or two because thats when they actually get it is with those treats. good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!