View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #9
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

Shynewyorkie,
Babybear also did not show any signs that I knew of.. He did complain of neck soreness when he was like 8 months old after he had jumped off the couch and broke his leg,and after that he would complain, but he walked fine,ran,jumped,played, played fetch every night for over an hour(heck he woudl wear me out)but all it took was not being diagnose that caused everything we have gone through..
No we do not mean to scare you but this is very serious.. I am sure the breeder you got your pup from is great,but there can be a problem with the best of breeders.. Just like us having children we can always have a baby that is not perfect.. If you find that this is AAI/AAS you will want to let the breeder know so she can stop breeding the mom and dad of this pup's so not to have more pups with this condition.. Your best bet is to get the pup diagnosed first but treat her/him like a china doll until you get her/him diagnosed just to be safe.. IT is better to be safe then sorry in my eyes.. ANd yes I did hear popping in Babybears neck I thought it was coming from his jaw but after everything happened I thought and said oh yes that must have been his neck not his jaw.. He held his head like any normal pup would like I said everything seemed normal to me.. I know of some pups that would fall over when walking.. I and would stand funny when pooping.. Every pup is different. I have helped many AAI/AAS parents through diagnosing and through surgery and every pup(parent) I have come in contact with their pups are all different.. Just be aware of everything that is going on with your baby.. Take notice in weird things.. We are all here for you..Just let us know what we can do for you..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!