View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

Nicole,
thank you for PMing me.. You know I would come right off.. I just got online and saw your pm and clicked right over to here.
I am here to help with the pup.. I sure hope it is not AAI/AAS(when talking to the doctor ask him about Atlantoaxial Instability). But I have a lot of information on AAI.. Like Nicole said treat your baby like a little china doll.. Because if her neck is popping now that is not a good sign.. Crate her or carry her everywhere.. Do not let her jump,run or play rough.. I have delt with this and still deal with it daily do to Babybear being injured so badly by his AAI.. He went misdiagnosed for more than 6 months and then he broke his neck that one day and when I rushed him to the vets office they did all kinds of tests ,xrays ect. and still came back with a the wrong diagnoses. I was told he had Livershunts..We were expecting him to die over the weekend because this happened on a Saturday.. On Monday I took him for a second opinion and when the doc saw baby he said right off this dog does not have livershunts he has a broken neck.. I proceeded to tell him that it never showed up on xray with his vet.. He asked to take a digital(make sure you ask for this)xray I said sure he came back in less then 5 to 10 minutes and said that Babybear had a very badly broke neck and that he was actually internally decapiated.. And asked how I kept him alive all weekend long.. I told him with plenty of TLC.. He gave me a 85 to 90 percent chance Babybear would walk again with surgery so after fighting to get the money together We had the surgery done..
Right now just listening to what you wrote this pup has congenital AAI/AAS. It can be aquired also.. Please read Babybear webpage on Dogster.Click here: Dog profile for Babybear, a male Yorkshire Terrier. Read his diary I believe it is the second Entry also read his story on the right hand side of his page this will give you some understanding of AAI..I can send you information also.. But please read Babybear's webpage and Then either Pm me or write to me.. I will pm you my email addy..
I do not mean to scare you but after what I have been through with Babybear I do not want to see another mom or dad go through this.. It is very hard to deal with and time consuming if the neck brakes and there is all paralyzes..
I will be on waiting to here from you if you need help..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!