View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
morningsting
YT 500 Club Member

Default When to Introduce My Dogs to Each Other?

Ok, so, I have a three-year-old Chi named Daisy&I recently got my Yorkie, Bear, a week ago. He is now seven weeks old. I was just wondering when would be a good time to introduce my dogs to each other? I have put them in the backyard together&Daisy just seems to ignore Bear. He'll come running up to her wanting to play&Daisy just runs away with her ears back flat on her head. She is wagging her tail though, so is this a good sign? She doesn't growl or bark at him&the fur on her back doesn't become rasied or anything (it normally does when she's barking or growling at someone or something). Is Bear too young to understand that Daisy should be treated with respect? Should I wait to introduce them until later when Bear is older? &how old should Bear be before I introduce them? Daisy is a very aggressive dog, by the way. She does not like strangers one bit&she doesn't like other dogs at all. The only people she will tolerate is me or my husband or my daughter (who is one year old). With that said, she is a very kind&gentle dog towards us. She would NEVER hurt me or my husband or my daughter. I fully trust her&I know that she would never do anything like that. We also have a cat who is about a year old&Daisy&the cat are the best of friends. I introduced Daisy to the cat when Daisy was about two&a half years old&the cat was two months old. It took about a week for them to get along well, but now they love each other very much&always play&sleep together. Thanks for reading all this!
morningsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!