View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

I don't think you should confine her to the crate all the time just when you can't watch her like a hawk. She has to learn that potties okay just not in the house and where to go when she needs to let you know that it's that time. Always take her out the same door to potty. When she starts to get the hang of it she will go to that door if she needs to go out. Ours will now walk to the door if he needs to go out and if it's not open he goes and looks for another place, but since we watch him like a hawk we get the door open before this happens. Also if you see her start to go clap your hands pick her up (try not to get pottied on) and put her outside. And go crazy when she finishes outside. Ours only goes in the crate at night and he hangs out in his play-pen during the day when we're gone. Oh yeah and confine her to one room of the house so you don't have to run all over trying to keep an I on her. I would feed at certain times rather than free feeding so you can develop a potty pattern and you will soon learn to recognize the potty dance.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!