View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
paddys mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie2006 View Post
My vet says the feeding directions on the package tend to be too much, to encourage over-feeding and as such, purchasing more product. You didn't say how much canned you feed. Gracie weighs about 6 to 6 1/2 pounds, far from fat but well nourished. She eats about 1/4 cup loaf type or 1/3 can of Evangers chicken thighs mixed with a small handful of kibble in the evening. For kibble, I feed Timberwolf Organic Wild and Natural. I keep dry out all day, she does not eat much of it, one quarter cup or so I suspect. Holly eats even less but she weighs only 4 lbs. When they lick the plate clean in the evening, I put out more kibble and 9 times out of 10 they will sniff it but not eat it. This is how I know they have had enough. It all depends on the age, size, weight and activity level of the dog, and the nutritional value of the food that they eat.
yea I have heard that about the package directions as well. I give him about 1/3 can of Evangers chicken thighs or hunk of beef. If my husband does the feeding he is more generous, which is part of why I want to find out what he should be eating b/c he says I'm too stingy lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!