View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 04:02 AM   #15
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieChick1 View Post
My vet is ahead of the times, I haven't vaccinated any of my dogs in the last 2 years, she said if I was worried about it I could give them titers to see how much vaccine is still left but I don't want them having any more vaccines. Only rabies every 3 years.

me too!!! We (my vet and I) have a new take on vacs and he goes by what he sees come in and what seems to be actve in our area and we go from there! We actually we with the lepto this time and thats the only one.

There is a new Lepto vac that is MUCH better than the old fort dodge one.

Actually Luvmysissy and I live in water areas where Lepto grows and thrives. My vet has seen death in dogs in the last year so yes I got the new lepto vac.

Jodie did you discuss Lepto? It was a nono in the past but my vet has seen an increase of dogs with lepto in our area even death.....Maybe ask your vet mine says DO NOT GIVE FORT DODGE lepto vac only the new one.
The case of the death it was traced back to River Raisin which i directly connected to Lake Erie SCARY Glad your vet is talking to you about not over vaccinating If for any reason you need a new vet...call me...I go to Dr.Rob right here by ny house and he is VERY up to date on things and a really great vet. He graduated from MSU. And just a lil bonus.... He is a cutie!!! lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!