Thread: Herniated Disc
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
CricketBaby
YT Addict

Omg Disc surgery 2 times

Wow I actually know something on this forum I am 41 and have been in great health my whole life, so I was really surprised when...first time I was 19...lower back pain...pain shooting down my right leg. Felt like a lightning bolt shooting through my whole body! I was scared to death and kept pretending everything was okay till I could no longer walk and finally broke down and told my parents. I saw Dr. Mirbaha in St. Louis Missouri...he is a sports medicine Dr.anyway my L-4 was ruptured and he did not want to do surgery on my since I was so young...he did an experimental procedure from Canada...Cymopapene Disc Injection- he used a Papaya enzyme and injected into my disc...Took a few months to work by dissolving my disc but I was one of the lucky ones, complete recovery. No longer done in the USA...lots of mishaps!

Five years ago....out of nowhere I had pain in my hiney right by my tail bone...shooting pain down my leg again....kinda like riding a bike you never forget. I was not too happy to say the least but his time I had ruptured L-5 and had surgery by Dr. Heitkamp here in Arlington Texas...he is the most amazing neuro surgeon! I am as good as new...after my surgery I went on to have two more more children and two c-sections and no pain whatsover in my lower back these days. I found out I have degenerative disc disease. I try to stay in shape and keep my core strong...I just pray it doesn't happen again

I will keep you in my prayers! Make sure to do your homework....get a second opinion. Get references too....I know it hurts but it will get better in time...follow your doctors instructions Please feel free to PM if you need to!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!