View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddys mom View Post
I've been wondering if I'm feeding paddington properly since I've never really measured his food. He never used to eat a whole plate of dry food so I never worried about it. However, I finally got him on a consistant schedule and he's started eating more and sometimes even cleaning the plate. He also has jumped up from 5.3 to 6 lbs. He eats dry food in the morning (9:30am), after his hour of walk and play in the park, and then he eats a mix of wet and dry at 4:30 when my husband gets home from work.

He eats Evanger's hunk of beef or whole chicken thigh wet food, and natural choice venison and rice for sensitive stomachs dry food.
He'll be 2yrs old next month, and he's VERY active (like...he comes home from a three mile walk and still wants to play kind of active...and he does agility)
I can still feel his ribs and waist if I push away his hair so I don't think he's fat yet. But I don't want him to get there. So if anyone has any idea how much of each he should get a day that would be great!

( also, is there a chance growing his hair out long could contribute to him gaining nearly a pound??)
It varies from food to food, I would just follow the directions on the bag/can.

I also know that as they get older, they fill out more and more.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!