View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Default Please talk to your vet regarding vaccinations!!!!!

Angel was due for her distemper booster, so we made our appointment and saw the vet today.

Many of you know that there are new recommendations from the AVA regarding vaccinations - stating that once puppy shots are completed and the first booster is given, dogs are basically covered for life. Rabies is exempt from this because of the varying laws, but a three year booster is the current recommendation for Rabies. The new information also says that vaccines such as Lepto have such high risk factors that those risks far outweigh the benefits of the vaccination.

When the vet asked me if I was vaccinating Sissy I told her my thoughts on the vaccination schedule, especially based on the new recommended protocols and varying articles I've read from Dr. Susan Dodd and other holistic vets - to which my vet responded that she completely agrees our babies are being over vaccinated. She said the vet practice mandates she recommend annual vaccinations (except for rabies), but if the owner initiates the discussion she can then give her two cents. So, we now have a notation in our chart that we will not vaccinate other than rabies every three years!!!!

I am so relieved that I didn't have to put up a fuss or switch vet offices (cause we really like this office and we LOVE the vet we see). PLEASE talk to your vets about this. Not only will you save some serious cash, but your baby may potentially be much healthier as a result!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!