View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
Emmsmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylavender View Post
All I am saying is if you really really want to adopt a rescue for the right reasons, you will respect the rescues reasons for their rules and do what you have to do to meet the criteria. Because adopting a rescue is NOT about whether or not you "think" you will make a good home for the dog, it's about what's best for the dog. And maybe as a general rule rescue dogs, do better in fenced yards and without small children because of the "issues" a lot of these dogs come with. If you can't meet the criteria for reasons beyond your control, then maybe you are not a good candidate for a rescue dog, no matter how much you want one and what your altruistic reasons are.
Sorry, I am not going to get rid of my "big" dog or my 10 year old child for that matter to "meet" their criteria. The dog I was trying to adopt was a PUPPY. Not likely to have any serious "issues" yet. Like me there are many of us who will simply go to a breeder to find our next baby. I sure hope that the many dogs who are up for adoption find homes. If they don't it won't be because people aren't trying to give them good loving homes.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!