Thread: Drooling
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
bwichto
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Drooling

My 2 year old Riley had a little drooling episode this weekend after an incident with a Garten Snake. I was working in the yard when I saw a little scuffle and Riley ran back towrds the house. I figured he found a mouse or something, but when I saw where he was, it was an 18" garten snake. I picked the snake up and made sure (Dark green skin with thin yellow stripes). These snakes are non-poisonous. I released the snake on the other side of the fence and picked my little guy up and he was drooling! Panic immediately set in and I checked his body a couple of times to see if he had any bites. He was not sensitive to any touch, nor were there any physical signs of a bite, so I figured he was not bitten. During this time he decided to give me a few kisses on my face and I started to realize he was as calm as a cucumber. His heart rate was relaxed and his tail was up, but he was still drooling enough to drip on the floor every few seconds. I offered him som beggin strips and he ate them up. After 30 minutes or so, his drooling subsided and he dried up. I guess my question is, is it typical for yorkies to drool in response to some kind of trauma or stress?
bwichto is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!