Thread: Herniated Disc
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Question Herniated Disc

Soo my boyfriend has been in pain for months now. It's his lower back, on the right side. Every time he goes to get up he's moaning and complains about how bad his work is. He has to bend weird when he's getting up and looks ridiculous, I can't imagine what his co-workers think when they see him. So I've been telling him for a few weeks to go to a doctor and he finally did. It turns out his L5 vertebrate (lower back) is herniated and the doctor said that surgery is the only thing they can do to help him. Well he came home freaking out. He's scared to have the surgery because if they slip up, it could be really bad. This is true and very serious but, he's only 23 and can't live like this for the rest of his life. Has anyone had a herniated disc? Know anyone who's had the surgery? The doctor said the surgery is very simple but, he read online that he can lose control of things. He read about a guy losing control of his well, bowel movements, and that just did it for him. He's thinking about trying a chiropractor out. I just can't see him like this for the rest of his life.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!