View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry Trip from hell!! Poop problems! PLEASE help!

So I flew up to NJ with Meeko on Wednesday to introduce him to my family. I tried benedryl Tuesday and it seemed to calm him down a bit. The only thing was, later that night he had mucus in his poop. At the time, I thought it was just the lettuce that my bf gave him that upset his stomach. So Wednesday morning I gave him benedryll again. He did good on the plane, barked a little on take off but, fell asleep as soon as we go into the air.

Well the first 2 days he had yellow mucus in his poop. Then it turned into diarrhea. Today his stool was normal until before bed and there was mucus again. And, to make it worse, he's going to the bathroom all the time. He usually goes about 8am and then at about 9am. Every single night he's been waking me up ever 1.5 hrs to go outside. I haven't gotten any sleep. During the day he's fine, only needs to once. I called my vet and they said not to worry about it, it was probably just from the stress. But it's been going on for five days now! I went out and bought smashed pumpkin and baby rice cereal and it's been better but, it's hasn't completely solved the problem.

I just don't know what to do. I'm soo stressed and soo tired!!! He's acting fine! Running around like a nut, not tired at all. I brought food (Canidae ALS) and treats from home to prevent this from happening. I gave my family strict instructions not to give him any table food at all and they haven't. I've even been giving him bottle water because I didn't want the different minerals in the tap water to effect him. I've been given him carrots since yesterday, I read somewhere that they help empty their anal glands. If this is all happening from the benedryll, shouldn't it have stopped by now. The last time I he had it was Wednesday morning at 7am. If it's due to the stress from flying, shouldn't he have calmed down by now? Anyone have suggestions? Please!!! I'll take anything!!!!

Sorry this is long and about poop, kinda gross, but I need your help!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!